[gdal-dev] The vrt datasource from gdalbuildvrt report a wrong block of 128x128

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Aug 23 05:26:38 PDT 2015

Le dimanche 23 août 2015 14:18:03, Andrea Peri a écrit :
> Hi Even,
>
> I just notice that in the page
> http://www.gdal.org/gdalinfo.html
>
> In the sample reported is write a bloc size of 512x16:
> >Band 1 Block=512x16 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Gray
>
> Should it be a typo error ?

There's no typo. It is a TIFF with strip organization since the block width is
the raster width.

There are various shapes of blocks :
- rectangular (typically square) blocks. e.g a tiled TIFF
- blocks whose width is the raster width. e.g. a stripped TIFF
- blocks whose height is the raster height. This is far less common, but
occurs in some formats like DTED.