[gdal-dev] Question

Giorgio Ghiggini gghiggini at gec-it.com
Wed Aug 26 05:34:11 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to use GDAL ogr2ogr.exe but I am having problems with
osmconf.ini file configuration.

I tried using different binaries for Windows (QGIS, Gisinternals, OSGeo4W
and MapServer) but I am not able to get all tags from a PBF or OSM file.

Probably I am not able to configure properly the ini file (here attached),
but all changes I do, have no impact on the result.

Here is the command line I use:

ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" -skipfailures -sql "select * from points where
other_tags LIKE '%peak%'" F:\GEC\Sources\OSM\Italy
F:\GEC\Sources\OSM\italy-latest.osm.pbf

With this configuration I would like to export the "ele" attribute for
"natural=peak", but I am not able to get it in my shapefile.

Any suggestion is very appreciated.

Best regards,

Giorgio

Giorgio Ghiggini