[gdal-dev] How to read ElasticSearch filters from file?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Aug 27 06:38:53 PDT 2015

> Which one should win if -spat and -where @... are both feeding a spatial
> filter? Should it be "either-or", or "both" as a combined filter with AND
> in between?

This is driver specific.
* For MongoDB, the -spat and -where filters are combined with a AND, which is I
guess the more logical behaviour.
* For ES, if -where is specified, -spat is ignored. This is mainly because it
looked technically harder to create a valid combined filter. Could perhaps be
improved. I dunno. This behaviour is at least documented in the driver doc
page.