[gdal-dev] Issue with c# bindings

kelly elton its.the.doc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 14:02:37 PST 2015

I'm getting this error after compiling from source

Exception thrown: 'System.MethodAccessException' in gdal_csharp.dll

Additional information: Attempt by security transparent method
'OSGeo.GDAL.Gdal.UseExceptions()' to call native code through method
'OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE.UseExceptions()' failed.  Methods must be security
critical or security safe-critical to call native code.

I did
nmake -f makefile.vc clean && nmake -f makefile.vc MSVC_VER=1600 DEBUG=1 &&
nmake -f makefile.vc install
cd swig
nmake -f makefile.vc csharp

I get the gdal dll + the csharp dlls...and I use them

But as soon as I call OSGeo.GDAL.Gdal.UseExceptions(); I get the exception

This doesn't happen with the dll's I've downloaded from
http://www.gisinternals.com/

I got the source from https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadSource and I
got 2.0.1