[gdal-dev] generate raster "GeoTIFF" for given lat long bounds at particular zoom using GDAL

nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Tue Dec 15 07:56:21 PST 2015

Hi,

If you want a standard x and y, you will need to reproject using a
projected coordinate systems like (WGS84/UTM Zone 18).  Then, you will
get a square pixel resolution that is in meters.  If you use WGS84
Long-Lat, grids or pixels are almost square at the equator but become
more and more rectangular as you go North or South.

Cheers!
Nicolas