[gdal-dev] Changing color of raster images based on their data values - gdal

user_name ljvillarin30 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 22:14:58 PST 2015

Let's say I have 1 band raster images with Gray Color Interpretation and I
want to change their color based on their data values. Data values -1, will
be Blue, -0.5 will be Light Blue, 0 will be Yellow, 0.5 will be Orange and 1
will be Red. If the data values are <-3000, I want to have that colored
Black and if the data values are >3.402, that should be colored White . Will
that be possible in gdal? One of the color ramp available in qgis is the
RdYlBu. That is what I preferred to use.

Thank You!