[gdal-dev] Can we combine all layers of kml into single GeoJSON

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Feb 3 00:43:12 PST 2015

Le mardi 03 février 2015 06:57:32, Manikanta Kondeti a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to figure out if there is way to combine all layers in kml into
> a single Geojson object using ogr2ogr?
>
> One way I figured out is to iteratively traverse through all the layers and
> create geojson for each layer. Now the issue it to have all json's into a
> single json object?

Mani,

you could use a VRT union layer to merge all layers into a single one. This is
documented at http://gdal.org/drv_vrt.html

In your case this would be creating a .vrt file like :

<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTUnionLayer name="unionLayer">
        <OGRVRTLayer name="source1">
            <SrcDataSource>source.kml</SrcDataSource>
            <SrcLayer>name_of_first_kml_layer</SrcLayer>
        </OGRVRTLayer>
        <OGRVRTLayer name="source2">
            <SrcDataSource>source.kml</SrcDataSource>
            <SrcLayer>name_of_second_kml_layer</SrcLayer>
        </OGRVRTLayer>
    </OGRVRTUnionLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

and then use ogr2ogr to convert this .vrt into geojson.

Even