[gdal-dev] cmake4gdal?

Dmitriy Baryshnikov bishop.dev at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 12:53:04 PST 2015

Hi Scott,

The latest code is here:
1) https://github.com/nextgis/gdal_svn/tree/cmake4gdal
2) https://github.com/nextgis/gdal_svn/tree/rsmd-reader-dev <-- this my
current branch
3) https://github.com/nextgis/gdal_svn/tree/wms-ags-dev

There are some problems:
there is no autotest directory in current repo, but it'll be more
correctly to have the whole fork, not only sources (CTest?).
So I plan to merge this three branches and make the full fork (with
autotest) of OSGeo/GDAL in github.

Anyhow we need to complete all drivers which is not yet cmaked.
I plan to create wiki page in new repo with table of all GDAL drivers
and their cmaking status and total percent.

By now we need:
1) More testing and fixing on all platforms
2) Cmaked all drivers and applications, which is not yet cmaked
3) I plan to play with third party libs by cmake mechanism -
ExternalProject_Add

As for me the 2) is more important.

Best regards,
     Dmitry