[gdal-dev] cmake4gdal?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Feb 10 06:58:11 PST 2015

Le mardi 10 février 2015 15:41:20, Scott Bailey a écrit :
> Even,
>
> I take it the plan is to replace Autotools with CMake?  Then it's just the
> timeline in question?

Scott,

Not being a cmake master myself, it is currently not my personal plan, but if
we have GDAL committers like Dmitriy to champion the effort and other
contributors to help, I imagine it can be considered at some point.

I see that "friends" projects like proj or libgeotiff have both build systems
currently (actually 3 with the nmake one...). On the other hand, I think
MapServer did the switch in one step (
http://mapserver.org/fr/development/rfc/ms-rfc-92.html )

The downside of having an interim period is that during it there's additional
maintenance needed, but given the big number of potential GDAL dependencies,
it seems unrealistic to have cmake conf feature-full and production ready, in
a single step, if it stays in a branch.

Even