[gdal-dev] Fwd: [SoC] Preparation of ideas pages for GSoC 2015 (deadline: 18th February!)

Dmitriy Baryshnikov bishop.dev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 00:34:51 PST 2015

Hi all,

the most of ideas (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SummerOfCode) are
marked as moderate/hard.

There are some simple task as:
1. Editing GeoJSON. By now there is a write support but it's something
special as I cannot edit GeoJSON in QGIS.
2. WMS/TMS. There is no support for subdomains i.e.
http://${a,b,c}.tile.openstreetmap.org/${z}/${x}/${y}.png. Also it'll be
nice to have progress indication and support to cancel executing RasterIO.
3. Editing GPX - by now the driver support only write to new file and if
one open points (trk_pnt) the output will be waypoints (wpt). The
usecase is to get GPX from GPS tracker, fix the track and upload back to
GPS tracker.
4. Cmaking the estimate drivers apps and etc.
5. Also addition to #5 in list - new VSI sources (7z, RAR, ssh/scp/sftp)

What do you think, can this be the topic for GSoC?
I didn't add this to the ideas page as this is the topic for discuss.

Best regards,
     Dmitry