[gdal-dev] Delete Feature and update the feature with geometry at same feature id

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Feb 19 06:14:52 PST 2015

Le jeudi 19 février 2015 10:49:58, Hema Yeedunuri a écrit :
> hi all,
>
> Is it possible to update geometry of the deleted feature .I delete feature
> and then at the same deleted feature id i want to setgeometry to it .how
> can it be done.

Hema,

With the shapefile driver, you can call SetFeature() with a feature whose
feature id corresponds to a deleted feature id.
(It would be more logical to call CreateFeature() with the FID set, but the
implementation of CreateFeature() in the shapefile driver currently disregards
the feature id if set)

Even