[gdal-dev] compiling MrSID plugin

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Feb 20 05:32:09 PST 2015

On 20/02/15 12:16, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 19/02/15 19:57, Even Rouault wrote:
>> Le jeudi 19 février 2015 18:43:06, Moritz Lennert a écrit :

>>> - The SDK contains libgeos.so files but in a version that seems older
>>> than the one in Debian Jessie. Could that be a source of conflict that
>>> keeps GDAL from recognizing the plugin ?
>>
>> Hum, that might cause problem, or not, but I assume they would appear later
>> with crashes or nasty behaviour when actually reading a raster. But that
>> shouldn't prevent the plugin from being used.
>
> I'll look out for that. A first reading into QGIS did not show any problems.

Bingo ! Reading a vector into QGIS made it crash. But just removing all
geos-related lib files from the MrSID-SDK directories seems to have
solved the problem. I can still read the MrSID files, and QGIS doesn't
bomb out when reading a vector. And the MrSID GDAL plugin now links to
the system-wide geos libs.

Moritz