[gdal-dev] Extracting Features

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Feb 23 09:32:17 PST 2015

Le lundi 23 février 2015 17:27:52, Tomer a écrit :
> Hey,
>
> I'm using the ogr2ogr vector utility, and i want to extract features
> from a data source which intersect the extent of another data source.
> How can i do it?

Tomer,

Please don't duplicate threads for the same question.

As explained by Jukka, there's no direct way of doing it that, unless you
accept clipping to occur in which case -clipsrc can be used. It you want to
extract without clipping, you have to
use -spat xmin ymin xmax ymax, where xmin ymin xmax ymax come from the extent
reported by ogrinfo on the other datasource (or though the GetExtent() call of
the OGR API).

Even