[gdal-dev] error in Jp2Ecw driver create() method

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Jan 5 06:22:31 PST 2015

Le lundi 05 janvier 2015 14:54:15, Tomer a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> After compiling Gdal with the licensed ecw/jp2 sdk (read+write)
> and trying to use gdal_translate utility to create a jp2 file with the next
> parameters:
>
> -of jp2ecw -co "ECW_ENCODE_KEY=xxxx" -co "ECW_ENCODE_COMPANY=xxxx"
> "input.tif" "output.jp2"
>
> I'm getting the next error:
> 0ERROR 6: GDALDriver::Create() ... no create method implemented for this
> format.

This indicates that during compilation the driver didn't see that write
support was needed. On Linux this should be automatic by the ./configure
process. So I'll asume you're a Windows user.

nmake.opt has this indication:
# To add Write support, use the write SDK, change NCSEcw4_RO.lib to
# NCSEcw4.lib, and add -DHAVE_COMPRESS to ECWFLAGS.  The ECWDIR setting will
# also need some adjustment.