[gdal-dev] misssing field width information when getting OGRLayer form filegdb

Rebecca wxx114 at 163.com
Wed Jan 7 23:04:00 PST 2015

I get ogrlayer from fielgdb , when I try to get the field information such as
field name, field width, field type, I found the field name and field type
is right , but field width is zero when the field type is OFTString.
   Does the filegdb lost the field width information in gdal-filegdb?

OGRDataSource *pOGRDS...
OGRLayer *pLayer=pOGRDS->GetLayerByName(filename.c_str());
for(int i=0;i<pLayer->GetLayerDefn()->GetFieldCount();i++)
{
	OGRFieldDefn *pDef=pLayer->GetLayerDefn()->GetFieldDefn(i);
	std::string name=pDef->GetNameRef();
	int width=pDef->GetWidth(); //width =0

}