[gdal-dev] gdal_rasterize - blending option

Bresler Johan aj_bresler at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 13:54:22 PST 2015

Hi,
I sometimes need to burn vector data on a raster and use gdal_rasterize for this task.How ever there is times that I would like to "blend" / "multiply" polygons vector data (color) with the existing raster.
I had a look in the code and noted there is a GDALRasterMergeAlg option with a "ADD" from gdalrasterize.cpp onward. Default "REPLACE".The "ADD" option is not available from gdal_rasterize.
I hope to get the time next week to compile GDAL and test the "ADD" option from gdal_rasterize to see if this is what I am looking for.
But if I can get some advice on this I would appreciate it.
RegardsAJ