[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.0.0 cannot open dbf file

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jul 15 06:12:24 PDT 2015

On Wednesday 15 July 2015 14:53:58 michele_zanolli at comune.trento.it wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> with GDAL 2.0.0 I can't open a dbf file [0] (ogrinfo cadinci.dbf).
> with GDAL 1.x it works.
>
> For example with QGIS 2.8.2 (compiled with GDAL 1.11.2) I can read and edit
> it with no problems.
>
> Can someone confirm this?

Hi again

yes I confirm. There's something a bit unusual in the header of this dbf file
and the Identify method that has been added to the shapefile driver seems to be
quite pedantic about that. Properly too pedantic. So might be just a matter of
removing this check.

Would you mind opening a ticket about that too ?

Thanks for your reports.

Even