[gdal-dev] GDAL Landsat Dirver

Dmitry Baryshnikov bishop.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 06:26:17 PDT 2015

Hi,

I would like to note that the Landsat metadata files support added to
GDAL 2.0
(https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/gcore/mdreader/reader_landsat.cpp)
I think you can use this metadata reader to parse Landsat metadata file,
or set to the Landsat dataset the imagery metadata in same manner.
Also, I think the tests for new format in autotest
(https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/autotest/gdrivers/) folder needed.

And, it seems to me that the use:
         char** papszBandMeta = NULL;
         papszBandMeta = CSLAddString(papszBandMeta, pszFilename);
         pLandsatBand->SetMetadata(papszBandMeta);
         poDS->SetBand( iBand+1, pLandsatBand);

should ended with free papszBandMeta array:
         CSLDestroy(papszBandMeta);

But the new driver look promising!

Best regards,
     Dmitry