[gdal-dev] How to hide the GML in WFS

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Tue Jun 2 04:18:16 PDT 2015

From: Even Rouault [even.rouault at spatialys.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 2 June 2015 8:10 p.m.
To: gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org
Cc: Jeremy Palmer
Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] How to hide the GML in WFS

> You couldn't. In the case of GML returned by a WFS service, the GML driver
> ignored the value of GML_EXPOSE_GML_ID. This was presumably to make WFS-T
> work, but seeing the code again, it should be robust (meaning not crash, but
> properly error out) if gml_id is hidden. So now fixed.

Thank you Even!

>> ogrinfo --config GML_EXPOSE_GML_ID NO --config GML_EXPOSE_FID NO -al -so
>> WFS:"https://data.linz.govt.nz/services;key=59f2aaa148bd4818994fa0d3ca36f7
>> e1/wfs/layer-328?service=WFS&request=GetCapabilities" -nomd

> Side remark: for faster execution (at least from my side of the Earth), if you
> just need the schema, you can also add -nocount -noextent. And no -ro to avoid
> an attempt in WFS-T.

I was being lazy with the -ro omission, but didn't see the new -nocount and -noextent options from GDAL 2.0 - thanks!

> For consistency, I've also just added the EXPOSE_GML_ID open option to the WFS
> driver.

Cheers Jeremy!

This message contains information, which may be in confidence and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ. Thank You.