[gdal-dev] gdal_translate and gdal_gdaladdo to create tiled pyrimidal tiffs: grey?

Koen2704 koen.marien at histogenex.com
Wed Jun 3 02:15:16 PDT 2015

Dear community

I am trying to create tiled pyrimidal tifs through GDAL library tools:
First I do: gdal_translate test.tif tiled_test.tif -b 1 -b 2 -b 3 -co
COMPRESS=JPEG -co PHOTOMETRIC=RGB, then I do: gdal_gdaladdo --config
COMPRESS_OVERVIEW JPEG --config PHOTOMETRIC_OVERVIEW RGB --config
INTERLEAVE_OVERVIEW PIXEL -ro tiled_test.tif 2 4 8 16

In the end I get a nice tiled pyrimidal tif, but it is greyscale?! How do I
keep the colors?!