[gdal-dev] Querying Geographic Coordinate System from an existing image file.

Tilton, James C. (GSFC-6063) james.c.tilton at nasa.gov
Mon Jun 8 09:11:06 PDT 2015

I seem to be missing some key point in understanding the use of OGR Projections.

The OGR Projections Tutorial (www.gdal.org/osr_tutorial.html<http://www.gdal.org/osr_tutorial.html>) very clearly describes how to set up a new OGRSpatialReference,
but does not tell how to determine and query the OGRSpatialReference from an existing image data set (e.g. and GeoTiff image).

Could someone please point me to examples/instructions on how to do this?

Thanks.

Jim Tilton
Dr. James C. Tilton                                               Voice:   301-286-9510
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center                   FAX:     301-286-1776
Mail Code 606.3                                                    E-Mail:  James.C.Tilton at nasa.gov<mailto:James.C.Tilton at nasa.gov>
(Computational & Information Sciences and Technology Office)
Greenbelt, MD 20771
URLs: http://science.gsfc.nasa.gov/sed/index.cfm?fuseAction=home.main&&navOrgCode=606
and . http://geography.wr.usgs.gov/science/croplands/index.html