[gdal-dev] Ascii Grid and Shapefile

Ronquillo, Edgar Nahum eronquillo at lanl.gov
Mon Jun 8 13:27:41 PDT 2015

Hello,
I already asked a similar question but I will be more exact on what I am looking for. Is it possible with Gdal to read ascii grid file (.asc)? If yes, I would like to read this ascii grid file and produce and display a map out this. Moreover, after having this map I would like to put a shapefile (or many shapefiles) on top of it and also display it. Is this something that can be done with Gdal? I've been looking around and can't seem to find the right answer. Please help.

Thank You