[gdal-dev] How is NODATA interperted with a color table?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jun 25 05:14:46 PDT 2015

> But that does not look correct, so I'm checking. Also I don't see any
> note that the tif is TILED?

Steve,

I suspect you've also added -expand rgb ? You could have tried -a_nodata 0
directly on the paletted TIF. The nodata value should be reported, and the
transparency component of entry 0 set to 0 instead of 255.

The TILED aspect is covered by "Block=256x256" in the above report (your
original dataset was stripped organized because of "Block=2433x3 ")

Even