[gdal-dev] Raster origin coodinates in file header

Adrien ANDRÉ adr.andre at laposte.net
Mon Jun 29 02:12:11 PDT 2015

Dear list,

opening 2 rasters with different resolutions i noticed a shift.

Asking our imagery provider, i was told the origin coordinates they
store in image header (JP2 files) are those of the top left pixel center.

GDAL reads origin coordinates as the top left pixel top left corner
coordinates, as i'm used to.

Of course, i fixed my problem, the hacky way, playing with
gdal_translate a_ullr option, but:

How to deal with this?
How not to worry about georeferencing each time i load a raster file?
Is there any OGC recommendation about origin coordinates storage?

Thanking you in advance,

Regards,

Adrien