[gdal-dev] Extent of a Layer

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 03:10:39 PDT 2015

I wonder when the GetExtent method of a layer started to return an
Envelope - at least in the Perl bindings.

I'm quite certain that previously GetExtent method of Layer returned
(Xmin,Ymin,Xmax,Ymax) and GetEnvelope of Geometry returned
(Xmin,Xmax,Ymin,Ymax). Now they both return (Xmin,Xmax,Ymin,Ymax).

I've always noted the difference in the Perl bindings documentation and
I have code that expects GetExtent to return (Xmin,Ymin,Xmax,Ymax).

However, I don't find any change like this happening in the repository.
Strange.

Ari