[gdal-dev] Default progression order in JP2OpenJPEG driver

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Mar 5 12:54:57 PST 2015

Norman Barker <norman <at> cloudant.com> writes:

> Even, Jukka,
>
> the NPJE end EPJE specifications are both good for understanding
progression order in JP2. It all depends on what you are trying to do, so a
default is just that, something that can be changed.

> A JP2 file with PLT markers (packet markers) in my experience removes most
of the overhead of accessing packets as the header decoding doesn't have to
be performed.

I fear that only few people understand really JP2 and I do not count me in.
It is our responsibility to try to offer reasonable defaults for we consider
as standard geospatial image, let's say 15000 by 15000 pixels, RGB.

-Jukka-