[gdal-dev] GSoC 2015

Aakarsh Agarwal aakaruce at iitr.ac.in
Mon Mar 16 08:34:03 PDT 2015

Hi,
I am Aakarsh Agawal, pursuing B.Tech from IIT Roorkee in India.

Few things which attract me to GDAL are-

1. C++ being the central language for GDAL. I have been coding in C++ from quite some time and I have enough experience and command over the same.

2. GDAL is a library for implementing some popular and useful algorithms through this project. I am quite familiar with such algorithms and I have already worked upon them, coded them in c++. I often solve algorithmic problems on SPOJ, CodeChef etc. which require use of graph algorithms in practice.

Thus, I want to contribute to your organisation and nothing can be better than going for one of your GSoC projects for this year.

I am very much interested to work on GDAL project " GDAL image stretch/filter utility". I am looking forward to the necessary guidelines from your side so that I can be fruitful in this matter.

Please provide me with necessary details and guidelines for the same.Looking forward, positively, to contributing to GDAL this summer.

Thanks and Regards
Aakarsh Agarwal
IIT Roorkee