[gdal-dev] Ogrtindex: schema consistency check too strict?

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Mar 17 05:37:12 PDT 2015

Hi,
Probably because of work done for 64 bit integer support ogrtindex in now
nagging that schemata of shapefiles with fields defined as Number(9.0) and
Number(10.0) do not match. The first is reported as Integer and the latter
as Integer64. However, that difference should not have any meaning for
ogrtindex utility or Mapserver that is using the index file.

For being able to create indexes for our data I have had to run orgtindex
with -accept_different_schemas option which is all right otherwise but it
accepts also all the meaningful differences which can make real harm for
Mapserver.

I think that Integer and Integer64 could be made to mean the same for
ogrtindex but I am not sure if it could have some consequences.

-Jukka Rahkonen-