[gdal-dev] [GSOC] Support for m coordinates in OGRGeometries

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 17 18:40:27 PDT 2015

FWIW I think support for M would be a very welcome addition. An
immediate use I'd see for it would be support for time on GPS tracks in
GPX files.

Note that if supporting the M dimension doesn't seem enough for a SoC
project, making sure that all formats that support M (or as many as
possible) are upgraded to properly implement it may very well fill the
rest of the summer.

My 0.02$

Daniel

--