[gdal-dev] GDAL C++ Api, create new line segments from point layer

ChiefDan ChiefDan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 15:55:32 PDT 2015

I am trying to create a pathfinding graph from a shapefile with a line layer
and point layer.

Using the C++ API, for each point in the points layer, I need to find the
next N points that are connected to that point along one or more
OGRLineStrings. I've been able to determine which OGRLineString in the
OGRMultiLineString a point from the points layer is on. I'd be creating new
line segments with these neighboring points as the start/end point and this
would be the path pair for the pathing as well.

I am not sure how to determine what point(s) from the points layer are next
on the line. Using the Distance() to compare won't work since a point could
be within the radius, but not on a line that would directly connect the 2
points.

I appreciate any pointers.

Dan