[gdal-dev] GDAL C++ Api, create new line segments from point layer

ChiefDan ChiefDan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:24:53 PDT 2015

Jukka Rahkonen wrote
> Hi,
>
> Could you make a drawing about what you have and what you want to get?
>
> If your aim is to cut long linestrings only where they intersect with
> points
> from the point layer I believe that it is not easy with plain GDAL. There
> are some useful functions in the SQLite/Spatialite SQL dialect
> https://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/xmlBlob/spatialite-sql-latest.html, like
> LinesCutAtNodes and Snap if you lines are only close to vertex a a
> linestring. LinesCutAtNodes is making multilinestrings so you should
> continue with something like the -explodecollections option in ogr2ogr.
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-

--I'm thinking to have a network of point-line-points for path finding. Pick
any one of the green points above, I need to create line segments from that
point to any point in any direction on the line that point is on to the next
point. In the end, the layers would visualize in the same manner, however
the original line(s) would now have end points at those green points.

I'll look into Spatialite, I knew it had networking api as well.

Dan