[gdal-dev] GDAL C++ Api, create new line segments from point layer

ChiefDan ChiefDan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 10:50:57 PDT 2015

Jukka,

I've not done anything useful with routing either, so I'm sure once I solve
my issue, I'll immediately realize a simpler way to do it.
Your segmenting the lines has given me an idea that is similar: Add the
points into the linestrings.
I think if I do this I can then more easily create line segments with the
start/end points at my green points.
Given a point, I can then determine which line it is on. Once I have that
line, I can loop through the points that make up that line until I find my
first point of interest. From that point in the line string I can then
iterate to the next point in the linestring, then search for that point in
my points layer. If I find it, that's a line segment.

THe complication will then be finding the next green point on an
intersecting linestring.