[gdal-dev] gdal jar in maven central

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Mar 31 07:25:56 PDT 2015

Justin,

> I searched the archives and couldn't find much on this topic. I was
> wondering how people would feel about having the gdal java jar hosted in
> the central maven repository? I think it would be pretty nice for users to
> not have to build the bindings locally, or find a repository that has them.
>
> Any thoughts, objections, or concerns?

That should likely be useful, but pardon the naive remark as I'm not familiar
with how maven central works : the gdal.jar alone will not be usefull. You
need the 4 libgdalXXXXjni.so / dll for it to be usefull, and of course thy are
architecture dependant, so I'm wondering how that would be handled.

> If people are into the idea I would be happy to put in the work to make it
> happen.

Regards,

Even