[gdal-dev] gdal jar in maven central

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Mar 31 09:01:40 PDT 2015

> Right, there are a few steps involved. The easiest vector that I have seen
> for open source projects  is to utilize the Sonatype OSSRH repositories
> (which provide sync to maven central). The full process is described here.
>
>   http://central.sonatype.org/pages/ossrh-guide.html#review-requirements
>
> To sum it up though, here is what I think would be required for gdal.
>
> 1. Create a pom for the gdal jar that adheres to these requirements:
>

> http://central.sonatype.org/pages/requirements.html#sufficient-metadata
>
> 2. Have a developer set up an OSSRH account and do the initial setup.
>
>      http://central.sonatype.org/pages/ossrh-guide.html#initial-setup
>
> 3. For each release build the gdal jar (along with it's source and javadoc
> artifacts) and GPG sign them.
>

> http://central.sonatype.org/pages/requirements.html#sign-files-with-gpgpgp
>
>    Then deploy all the jars/signatures to the OSSRH staging repositories.
> This will eventually sync them to maven central.
>

> Again I'm happy to volunteer to do these steps if there aren't any
> developers on the project that want the extra hassle. Do the java bindings
> have a dedicated maintainer at this point?

I've somehow taken that hat on, but I've currently no real incentive to do
work in the Java area, so I'm happy if you want to take care of that aspect.
Beyond the initial setup, it would be great if the steps that need to be taken
at each release are documented in our HOWTO-RELEASE document (at the root of
the source tree) so that anyone not familiar with Java/maven/Sonatype OSSRH
can follow the steps in a rather brainless mode.