[gdal-dev] Regarding DPI in Geospatial PDF

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon May 11 03:15:25 PDT 2015

Jukka Rahkonen <jukka.rahkonen <at> maanmittauslaitos.fi> writes:

> It could be that GDAL should not touch to the size of the MediaBox if it
> does not exceed 14400 in either dimension.

Sorry, this was at least unclear or nonsense. What I meant to say was that
perhaps GDAL should handle the MediaBox size and UserUnits in such a way
that using higher DPI value would make image to print smaller on paper. I
think that by keeping the MediaBox and using UserUnit<1 the result would be
a smaller image but I am not sure it PDF behaves that way.

The current behaviour of GDAL keeps the physical image size intact despite
of DPI and that is the right thing to do when MediaBox would otherwise
exceed the 14400 unit limit. I hope my thinking is correct now.

-Jukka-