[gdal-dev] EXTRA_IMAGES in geospatialPDF

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon May 11 06:52:05 PDT 2015

Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi devs,
>
> I'm not understanding how to set the x and y values of EXTRA_IMAGES
> specially when I use only vectors.
>
> With raster I could get the dimension of the output geospatialPDF from
> the input raster, but with vector I have no idea.
>
> I tried using the coordinates of the bounding box of my layer, but it
> didn't work.
>
> Someone has some idea?

Yes, coordinates are image pixels and the anchor point is at the lower left
corner of the PDF page. From a still mostly valid document
http://latuviitta.org/documents/Geospatial_PDF_maps_from_OSM_with_GDAL.pdf

"A comma separated list of entries, each with parameters
”image_name,x-offset,y-offset,scale_factor”.  Offset values are used for
giving the PDF image pixel where the bottom left
corner of the extra image will be placed.  Respectively, offsets are count
from the bottom left corner
ot the PDF file. Parameter value ”file.png,0,0,1” will place the extra image
in the original scale into
the lower left corner of the PDF file."

-Jukka Rahkonen-