[gdal-dev] [Proj] Pixel Shifts When Warping

Yuta Sato yutaxsato at gmail.com
Mon May 18 08:31:39 PDT 2015

Dear all:

Thanks for sharing your ideas and experiences.

As I mentioned in my question, it seems that MRT result is shifting right
while the GDAL warp result is correct. Do you agree?

The exact upper left corner of the original HDF-EOS file is exactly as the
GDAL warpped result.

The HDF file uses top left corner of top left pixel, while the MRT seems to
use central of top left pixel (MRT userguide page 10 under corner
coordinates section), am I right?

https://lpdaac.usgs.gov/sites/default/files/public/mrt41_usermanual_032811.pdf

If I am right, fortunately the GDAL would win!