[gdal-dev] Unable to compile Gdal under Cygwin

Dr Rainer Woitok rainer.woitok at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 01:56:40 PST 2015

Even,

On Sunday, 2015-11-01 16:37:42 +0100, you wrote:

> As I said before, I'd rather suggest you use --with-static-proj4 instead,
> which contrary to what its name suggest, does classic library linking (dynamic
> or static depending on what is available)

Am I understanding that correctly:  I just should run

   configure ... --with-static-proj4=/home/Rainer/.../cygproj-10.dll

and then the wrong LIBNAME in file  "ogr/ogrct.cpp" just wouldn't matter
anymore?  In that case I think an update to  "configure --help" would be
in order,  pointing out that the library type  specified here determines
dynamic or static linking.   And perhaps the "-static"  sould be removed
from this option's name altogether.   I'll give it a try  later with the
next update of Gdal, but for the time being I'll use my current version.

> Yes parallel make in autotest is unreliable. Was mostly an experiment but some
> tests have interferences.

By the way,  why isn't there a "test"  target in  the toplevel makefile?
Why do people have to hunt for it?

You didn't comment on the tests that failed for my installation.  Should
I worry?

Sincerely,
  Rainer