[gdal-dev] Promote debug msg to warning

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 00:07:29 PST 2015

Hi all,

We use GDAL with MapWindow GIS and get the binaries from gisinternals.com.
We have a SpatiaLite file which can be opened by MapWindow (via GDAL) but
cannot be edited.

We had to enable the debug messages to understand why.
GDAL reports "SpatiaLite v4 DB found, but updating tables disabled because
runtime spatialite library is v3.0 !" which is a understandable message but
because it is a debug message and not a warning message it is hard to spot.

Wouldn't it be more logical if GDAL would report this message as a warning?

Thanks,

Paul

*Paul Meems *
Release manager, configuration manager
and forum moderator of MapWindow GIS.
www.mapwindow.org

Owner of MapWindow.nl - Support for
Dutch speaking users.
www.mapwindow.nl

*We've started with the development of MapWindow v5. Read more.
<http://www.mapwindow.org/documentation/mapwingis4.9/MapWindow49.html>*