[gdal-dev] Alpha band masking

ozdogan at wisc.edu ozdogan at wisc.edu
Sat Nov 14 10:49:02 PST 2015

Dear All
I have a 4-band air photo image in which the 4th band is the NIR band but it has also been designated as an alpha band. It is the geotiff format. For some reason whenever I reproject this file (using gdalwarp) or resize it (using gdal_translate) all four bands of the resulting files have zero values. It is as if the alpha band is being used to mask all band values.  Any help reprojecting or windowing this large file without making while retaining all 4 band values would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Mutlu

Sent from my iPhone