[gdal-dev] Limit on the number of subdatasets

Ivan Lucena lucena_ivan at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 18 12:22:39 PST 2015

The georaster driver uses GDAL subdataset to browse the database as you can see here:

gdal.org/frmt_georaster.html section "Browsing the database for GeoRasters"

That is not a big deal because there are other ways go around it.

But it can get a little confusing for users accustomed to use that feature.

And I think QGIS Oracle Raster plugin uses that feature to browse the images.

It seems like the limitation is on CPLStringList. I will give it a closer look.

Stay safe.

Thanks.