[gdal-dev] Reading DNC nautical charts

Hans Rijsdijk hrijsdijk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 01:06:53 PST 2015

Hi,
Here is a link: https://www.nga.mil/ProductsServices/NauticalHydrographicBathymetricProduct/Pages/DigitalNauticalChart.aspx

I have also attached 2 of the charts.

Hope this is useful.

Cheers

Hans

From: Nicolas Cadieux
Sent: Sunday, 22 November 2015 4:49 PM
To: Hans Rijsdijk
Cc: gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] Reading DNC nautical charts

Hi,

If you have a link to the charts, I could look at it and see the format and see if they are georeferenced (if coordinates like longitude and latitudes is included in the image file).  They should be.  If so, I would recommend you use a GIS software like QGIS to visualise the maps  and manipulate the map.  QGIS has plugins that will permit you to plug in a GPS and to track the movement for navigation.

 QGIS uses the GDAL library to open, save and manipulate maps images (rasters)  and point, line and polygons (vector data) so you get all the power of GDAL and a user friendly interface.

Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
Les Entreprises Archéotec inc.
8548, rue Saint-Denis Montréal H2P 2H2
Téléphone: 514.381.5112  Fax: 514.381.4995
www.archeotec.ca