[gdal-dev] Ingesting ESRI geometry into PostGIS

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon Nov 23 10:41:04 PST 2015

This is a non-sequitur "PostgreSQL/PostGIS that has the default geometry_storage parameter set to st_geometry”. The ST_Geometry type is an ESRI thing, and you need to have ESRI dll’s installed in your PostgreSQL/ESRI server in order to create such a column. That’s Problem #1.

Problem #2 is that GDAL doesn’t support writing to a PostgreSQL/ESRI database, so you’ll have to write a suitable driver for that.

ATB,

P.