[gdal-dev] MDB tools

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Fri Oct 2 06:48:09 PDT 2015

Hi,
Look at http://www.gdal.org/ogr_formats.html

IIRC ogr2ogr needed that - but ogrinfo?  not sure - maybe the -oo param?

You could also use ogrinfo --formats
to see what's available on your system.

Hopefully others will chip in too.
Regards,
Zoltan

On 2015-10-02 15:38, Stefan Keller wrote:
> I have a similar issue and supposedly a very simple question:
> Given a file Geomedia .mdb file I'm getting a similar error on Windows.
> % ogrinfo myfile.mdb -al -so
> How does OGR recognize if it's a Personal Geodatabase or a Geomedia file?
>
> :Stefan

>> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Zoltan Szecsei <zoltans at geograph.co.za> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am trying to find a way to list the data type of each field in all tables
>>> in a GeoMedia MDB databse.
>>>
>>> I tried ogrinfo mdbname and got:  ERROR 1: PGeo: MDB Tools driver not found!
>>>
>>> so, sudo apt-get install mdbtools, and tried again and got same error.
>>>
>>> so, sudo apt-get install gdal-bin and that gave me a newer version than that
>>> I did have.
>>> Interestingly apt-get returned:    Setting up gdal-bin (1.9.0-1~exp5~lucid4)
>>> ...... etc etc
>>> but afterwards:  ogrinfo --version still returns GDAL 1.8.1, released
>>> 2011/07/09
>>>
>> As you are on Linux, you should avoid the rely on ODBC, and use the
>> Geomedia driver [1], only available from gdal 1.9.
>> I would test it for you, but I have no Geomedia sample data for testing

>> [1] http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_geomedia.html
>>
>> --
>> Paolo Corti
>> Geospatial software developer
>> web: http://www.paolocorti.net
>> twitter: @capooti
>> skype: capooti

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za