[gdal-dev] decoding consistency between JPEG2000 drivers

Pierre Soille pierre.soille at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Fri Oct 9 11:26:34 PDT 2015

Dear GDLALers,

recently we tested the following 3 JPEG2000 drivers: JP2ECW, JPEG2000,
and JP2OpenJPEG.  A jp2 file was opened by all three drivers and we
tested whether the decoded image were equal. To our suprise they are
not: theJPEG2000 and JP2OpenJPEG lead to the same decoded image but they
differ from the one obtained with JP2ECW.  Is this a bug in the
implementation of the JP2ECW driver or is there any rationale explanation?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Pierre