[gdal-dev] Chinese Character for field name in ESRI Shapefile Problem

Frank Broniewski brfr at metrico.lu
Mon Oct 12 01:38:30 PDT 2015

Hi,

the DBASE field name is restricted to ANSI characters, see [1]
(Attribute limitations), [2]

HTH

Frank

[1]
http://resources.esri.com/help/9.3/ArcGISDesktop/com/Gp_ToolRef/geoprocessing_tool_reference/geoprocessing_considerations_for_shapefile_output.htm
[2] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa245259%28v=vs.60%29.aspx

Am 12.10.2015 um 09:43 schrieb Jhon Chin:
> Hi, everybody:
>
> I'm now trying to write polygonized result into an esri shapefile, and I
> tried
>
> to add some field to the attribute table in the shapefile. But it corrupted
>
> when i was trying to create an *ogrfielddefn* instance.The code goes
>
> like this:
>             OGRFieldDefn oField("归一化植被指数",OFTInteger);
>             if(poLayer->CreateField(&oField) != OGRERR_NONE)
>             {
>                  printf("create 归一化植被指数 failed!");
>                  exit(1);
>             }