[gdal-dev] Reading JPEG2000 file related to drivers

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Oct 13 09:00:16 PDT 2015

Le mardi 13 octobre 2015 17:29:49, Yves Jacolin a écrit :
> On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 17:25:50 Even Rouault wrote:
> > [..]
> >
> > Yves,
> >
> > I think someone has already had that issue. I think you're compiling
> > against OpenJPEG 2.0 header and are linking against OpenJPEG 2.1 (or the
> > reverse). Some structures of openjpeg have changed sizes between both
> > versions and result in such a typical mess at runtime.
>
> Even,
>
> Strange. GDAL 1.10 + OpenJPEG2000 2.0 worked as expected but I am rather
> sure that I build OpenJpeg 2.1 just before the test.

(OpenJPEG 2.1 support is new in GDAL 2.0)

> Is it possible that there is a problem between GDAL 2.11 and OpenJPEG2000
> v2.0? I will test it again.

It ought to work fine. This is the setup tested on Travis CI :
https://github.com/rouault/gdal_coverage/blob/trunk_with_coverage/.travis.yml

> Last question for today: do you know any limitation with this lib (any
> release) and image size:
>
> ERROR 1: Cannot handle box sizes higher than 2^32

This error message comes from openjpeg itself. Is it really a huge JPEG2000
files, ie more than 4 GB ? Not sure if I tried files that big with OpenJPEG.

> OPENJPEG: info: Start to read j2k main header (349).
> ERROR 1: Prevent buffer overflow (x1: 200000, y1: 225000)

This error messages comes from OpenJPEG 2.1 lib. Hum it would seem that the
lib cannot handle images bigger than 4 billion pixels...