[gdal-dev] How to write WKB as string?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Oct 14 10:24:19 PDT 2015

Le mercredi 14 octobre 2015 19:18:20, Roger André a écrit :
> <grin>  Yes Even, exportToWkb() was something I tried, but I thought there
> might be an easy way to get the ASCII form of the WKB, rather than the
> straight binary that I got when I wrote out to a text file.

Ah I missed that part.

The following should help:

http://www.gdal.org/cpl__string_8h.html:

char * 	CPLBinaryToHex (int nBytes, const GByte *pabyData)
CPL_WARN_UNUSED_RESULT
 	Binary to hexadecimal translation. More...

GByte * 	CPLHexToBinary (const char *pszHex, int *pnBytes)
CPL_WARN_UNUSED_RESULT

Even more compact with base64 encoding:

char * 	CPLBase64Encode (int nBytes, const GByte *pabyData)
CPL_WARN_UNUSED_RESULT

int 	CPLBase64DecodeInPlace (GByte *pszBase64)