[gdal-dev] Call for discussion on RFC 60: Improved round-tripping in OGR

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Thu Oct 15 04:46:08 PDT 2015

Kurt,
A driver for writing ISO metadata files would be quite welcome. Anything to
make compiling and writing metadata less painful is always a good thing.
:-)

Doug

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 6:20 PM, Kurt Schwehr <schwehr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sean got what I was meaning to say.  Do we want the output to have some
> record of which mode was used.  I think the answer is likely no.  And it
> reminds me that I need to think about a driver for writing ISO metadata
> files.  (bleck)  The processing steps would go in an xml iso metadata
> sidecar.

>>> method
>>>
>>> I don't understand what you mean here.
>>>

>> Kurt, do you mean that the output JSON would have a item indicating
>> whether it was a high fidelity or lossy translation of the input?
>>
>> --
>> Sean Gillies

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the
Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.
As a federal employee, my email may be subject to FOIA request.