[gdal-dev] A question related to your recent post "Dropping Windows-CE support?"

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Oct 15 13:12:45 PDT 2015

On 15 October 2015 at 20:57, Tim Crook <tim.crook at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Hello there Mateusz.
>
> I am trying to set up a GDAL build environment using Visual Studio 2015 for
> development, not nightly builds. Are there a bunch of project files and a
> solution file archived somewhere that I can use?

Do you mean you are trying to build GDAL for Windows CE
or Windows desktop?

Old Windows CE projects are still available here
https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/tags/2.0.1/gdal/wince/

If you are asking about Windows desktop, here is script that can generate
VS solution/project files:
https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/makegdal_gen.bat
Notice, generated project still uses NMAKE and makefiles.

p.s. Please, post to gdal-dev so others have access to any solutions we discuss.

Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net